Renaissance Kingdoms World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renaissance Kingdoms World

The UK in 1458

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armies in Glasgow

Go down 
+2
Seri
Thomas MacSpr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas MacSpr

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:56 pm

heh, he's fickle that way Wink

An update on happenings in Glasgow. apparently the DUCK candidates have raised themselves an army in Adran or whatever the place is called. Now, whilst people may be against FURY and Bare's policies.

Who won the election? Who had the support of the people? With this in mind I suggest we publicly announce that no 'county' (individuals can go at their own risk) aid will be sent towards the Mactavish Army. This will show that we are committed to some form of agreement with Glasgow, and show that no one (be it freind or foe) can just form an army when they lose due to not liking the end result of the election.
Back to top Go down
Seri
Admin
Seri

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Barerose won. I don't remember the list but people speculate that Bare is a puppet of Fury now.

There are at least two armies in Arden and they may or may not be Fury for or against. I posted in the HH in that court subject to ask.

I really want to know because it makes me nervous!!
Back to top Go down
Thomas MacSpr

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Both armies aren't Fury. Whilst Fury (and forgive my french) is getting rather pissed at them for going against the duke.

Barerose wrote:
All right!
Before this gets twisted to suit who ever wishes it to suit themselves and have Glasgow pick up the check for it...........

NO ARMY (I don't care who you are) IS ALLOWED TO JUST UP AND BANNER WITHOUT 1st ASKING PERIMISION!!!!!!!

Simple as that............ procedure in that? Ask, then do! NOT THE OTHER WAT AROUND.

I could care less if you are MacTavish, Fraser, or what ever Family you came from........ GLASGOW ISN'T RULLED BY FAMILY CLANS! Glasgow controls Glasgow's Destiny, not a chosen group!

These two Armies POPPED up without warning, and used Stealth to recruit members........... Doesn't sound like a "good intention" to me at all. Sounds like Hidden Agendas. In that action alone makes it a Clear and Present Threat. Oddly enough, Fury doesn't even do that, only the "good guys" have to use such evil means.

As for the Legal Corpus........ it's still there........ it didn't go anywhere....... the only thing that changed is that it is NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BE MANIPULATED by individuals to further their own agendas at the expense of each and everyone of us in the County!

As of Date...... I have received NO written word from ANY of the Generals of the ARMIES in our Territory, Only a message from their family head. This shows to me more hidden agendas, esp. when so many of these Armies hold reserve in other Counties. Makes one think that this has NOTHING to do with the security of Glasgow County, but the furthering of Personal Interests from Foreign Soils into Glasgow....... THAT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED! Glasgow is here FOR GLASGOW NO ONE ELSE! IF your intentions are to better Galloway, or Ayr by doing this........... GO THERE TO DO IT NOT HERE!

So in short......
If these two Armies would have been CLEAR of their intention from the beginning........... they would have probably been allowed.
THEY WERE NOT.
So they are to be dealt with.

I will NOT hunt down people just because of their surname.... or hold this against them for this.......... This is Glasgow NOT AYR...... you will be judged by your ACTIONS not by Your Name. (am I the only one in Glasgow that has seen that, that is what makes Glasgow better then any place else?) We are all members of Clan Glasgow, until you go against THAT Clan.

If this is about the Legal Corpus being dropped, you are Wrong, it is still there........... just that you can't use it against Glasgow Anymore.

If it is about up and coming TAX Changes........... well I am SICK AND TIRED of people FORCING others to DONATE EVERYTHING so that a few can sit back and reap the fat of another's generosity. I'm Sick an' tired of seeing ppl leave because they have donated SOoooooooOOooooo much to see it all go for NOTHING MORE THEN A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE TO PLAY BIG SHOT (and that is not Fury, it's people like this that are joining these two Armies that wish to enslave us into endless donations of endless time and money). Oddly enough it is those that you say are the Plague of Scotland that share this SAME ideal of putting an end to these HAND~OUTS so the LAZY an' SELFISH can continue & thrive in their Apathy.
IT IS THOSE THAT HAVE BENNIFITTED BY DOING NOTHING THAT ARE DOING THIS NOW! ~parasites, nothing but parasites really~
What? Would you force MORE people Like Morgan and Bevin to DONATE over 4 months of their time to DO NOTHING? Stuck with the in-ability to do ANYTHING......... Forced to put their Life (game) on TOTAL hold so people like this can go on benefiting off of them doing just that......... I DON'T THINK SO! Force MORE people to Donate 1,000's of pounds and goods, because you don't want to do ANYTHING? I don't think so!
Force our University Teachers to DONATE all their wages so that LAZY people can take advantage of our Ports, because EVERYONE contributing 2.14p a day is too much to ask (1.43p per day in Arden)? And that is JUST THE ONES THAT CHOOSE TO NOT SWITCH TO A FIELD THAT MIGHT HAVE NO TAX. If you choose a Taxxed Field, you are Taxed, if you Choose an UN (or lesser) Taxed field you pay none, or less. THAT CHOICE IS YOURS to make not the COUNTY!
Are you MAD because there will be NO TAX allowed on ALL SHOPS on the 31st of this month? Why would you be mad about paying NO TAX?

No if this is about Tax Changes, it is because you want MORE PEOPLE to GIVE you everything, so you can benefit off it, and shaft the REST OF US. Rather Ayrish if you ask me.......... an' Ayr Failed do to that Virus........ I will NOT allow that disease to spread here!

ALL ARMIES NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE DUKE (count) OR CAPTAIN IS CONSIDERED A HOSTILE FORCE AND WILL BE DEALT WITH.
THE LEGAL SYSTEM WILL NOT BE USED TO HINDER GLASGOW IN THESE MATTERS.

If you don't like it.......... go home........ because Glasgow is NOT your home to play head of house~hold in.
Glasgow Belongs to Glasgow.......... NO ONE ELSE!

This is Bare's regards to both DUCK's and the MacTavishes armies that got set up.

Once again, and I'd like to have this discussed.

WE HAVE TO PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE THAT WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE EITHER THE DUCK OR MACTAVISHE ARMY.

Back to top Go down
Aldicia

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 pm

After reading that post of Bare's, I say Go, Bare with the exception of his perpetuating the misconception that Ayr punished people because of their affiliations. Total poppycock, that.
But that's beside the point. Yes, Remmi needs to publicly distance us from the mess and reinforce that we have no interest in meddling in the affairs of Glasgow or Galloway.

Nice job, Tommie Wink
Back to top Go down
Thomas MacSpr

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Now, if we write something up, do we either just send it to Bare via dove? Or do we deliver in a hall? (eg. Glasgow Inn/HH)

I can stick 'round Lannark to keep an eye on things and deliver things to bare... considering he apparently doesn't respond to either Remmi or Ommi.

Just give me an heads up and try to move all this along faster. Wink
Back to top Go down
Remmi
Admin
Remmi

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 am

Thank you Thomas. I only sent him one letter and it was about the forum where the treaty was being written. I did not get a response but he might have let me in that forum. I can not see it of course because we have no forum2. I can send Bare another letter if you think it will help.

I was told today that we are already being blamed by Edwin. He says it's all an Ayr plan? I fail to see how that makes any sense.

I was going to make that declaration anyway so I will now write one that emphasizes that we have no part and as Seri said we are "nervous" about their armies, etc.

Aldi, I can't believe he said that about Ayr. He clearly has no idea what kind of government we run here. However, that is politics for you and the man says exactly what he thinks. I just prefer to be more diplomatic.
Back to top Go down
Thomas MacSpr

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Quote :
Bevin wrote:
Bevin wanders into the middle of Glasgow Inn, listening to all the screams and accusations that make her head pound and her belly ache. Something about the voices niggles at the back of her mind until she realizes what is so troubling. Speaking to no one in particular, she raises her voice, alone in the crowd.

”Has anyone else noticed that most of the folks who are stirring up the current troubles here in Glasgow are not originally from Glasgow? Most are from Galloway, a few from Ayr. Now, I don’t have a problem with the people of the other two counties at all (after all, I married one!). Nor do I have an issue with them choosing to leave behind the troubles in their home counties to start a new life here in Glasgow. I DO, however, have an issue with them bringing those same troubles here and trying to force Glasgow to fit their own vision of what this sacred land should be. “

Sighing heavily, she remembers the Glasgow of old, and how the county had nearly fractured under Sajanzv, but managed to pull together again, demonstrating the strength that is inherent in Glasgow.

”Glasgow has always been a little different, and in my estimation, above the other two counties in that we worked for unity, setting aside our own personal goals and ideals for the good of the county. It worked quite well. Now we have people importing the politics of Galloway and Ayr into this county and it’s changing who we are. The Glasgow I was born in, and love dearly, is all but gone thanks to the transplants that have taken it upon themselves to disturb the peace and unity that we once enjoyed.”

Her cheeks color as anger rises within her at the thought of what is being done to destroy her home. Her eyes narrow as she seeks to maintain some control, biting at the words that flow from her next.

”They say they blame ~Fury~, but that sounds more like an excuse. ROGUE did good things for Glasgow. Now the Gallowayrian transplants want to erase that. Glaswegians have always mustered to the call to arms, and I’ve been proud to stand with them as we faced the Gallowayrian armies and even ~Fury~ of times past. Now, it seems that most true Glaswegians have gone silent as the Gallowayrians become louder and are hell bent on turning this county into another Highlands Hall. Unlike these Gallowayrians, the folk of ~Fury~ have, by and large, worked for the betterment of this county in spite of the hate and prejudice thrown at them. As such, they are more truly Glaswegian than the Gallowayrians currently attempting to rip this county asunder.”

The moment of rage passes and is replaced with an overwhelming sadness.

”The Scotland I once loved is no more. The Glasgow I still love is fading away, replaced by the policies and politics of Gallowayr. I don’t agree with everything the Duke has decreed, but he IS the Duke. He is MY Duke, because I am Glaswegian. The king (LJS) has said that if you disagree with the policies of your Council, use the elections to get rid of them. Those who are screaming so loudly about the “law” seem to have disregarded this advice.”

Looking around at the people milling about, she shakes her head sadly, but recognizes the faces of some who nod in agreement. Emboldened by their private acknowledgement of what she is saying, she pushes on.

”Am I the only one who sees this? Am I the only one who cares? I don’t think so. There are those who moved here from Galloway and Ayr who have done much for Glasgow and have enjoyed (at least until now) what makes us different from the rest of Scotland. Those folks have become true Glaswegians and I am grateful for their love and support of this great county. Those are not the folks I have issue with.”

Her eyes narrow again as a realization dawns, her hands clench into fists as though ready to do battle bare handed if needed.

”It seems to me that where the military might of Gallowayr failed, a coup from within is being attempted and may just succeed. As far as I am concerned, those involved in the coup are not welcome here, no matter what your place of residence may be at this particular time. I, for one, am sick of the bickering, the back stabbing, and the lies. Leave Glasgow to the true Glaswegians and take your Gallowayrian politics back to where you came from.”

Ayr to blame? No. Gallloway? Apparently.

If you can send Bare something along the lines that tells him we have no, you have to be very clear on this part, no plans or people sent by the council to interrupt Glasgow affairs. Any Ayrain that is in Glasgow at this point and time is there at the own discretion.

Tell him, if we do have people in those armies any that retreat back home to Ayr will face our courts for putting us any where near this situation.

I think that'll show Ayr has nothing to do with these rebels.

PS: Don't take what Edwin says more to heart than you'd take a drunken song.
Back to top Go down
Aldicia

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm

I know Onyx went to Glasgow to support her clan. I can't begrudge her that no matter what the situation is. I'm unaware of any other Ayrians going. Less words said the better, I think, beyond stating clearly Ayr is not involved in anyway.

Sadly, it appears nothing's changed about Bevin - continuing to blame others, never acknowledging her own part in the demise of Scotland. For those unaware, she is a fugitive from justice in Ayr for filing sham charges in Glasgow in order to yank Angeljoy from Ayr's jail where she was to serve time for the revolt of Muirkirk. A totally fair and legal sentence which Angeljoy never completed. Certainly, a part of the past that could be forgiven if even a shred of remorse were shown on Bevin's part. To the best of my knowledge, she's not only failed to express remorse but continues to deny what she did for her cause.
Back to top Go down
Thomas MacSpr

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:23 pm

Quote :
know Onyx went to Glasgow to support her clan. I can't begrudge her that no matter what the situation is. I'm unaware of any other Ayrians going

Totally agree, her choice but if we are put on the spot for people that choose to go and aid the 'rebel' armies, then they have a price to pay for endangering their home county. If I was in a Glasgow CC and Fury members did something like this, I'd want them up on charges for when they got home as well.

Also, should i be surprised to see Onyx registered in here? Because seriously, between the two (Roy and her) I wouldn't be surprised if people thought we were in favor of the mess up north.

PS: I couldn't care about charges which never were and most likely never will be. Sure it says something about her character but does it even matter? We're dealing with a new mess here, no point dragging the sh*te from the past in here as well.
Back to top Go down
Aldicia

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Only matters in that the same attitudes on that side of the fence exist, and those on this side need to have an appreciation of our history with those people. Not dredging up the past, but not dismissing it altogether either. We all need to know what we may be dealing with.
Back to top Go down
Dughall

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I very much disagree with the notion to charge people who went over there. For starters, it should have been deemed a crime BEFORE it all came up. It's just plain bad governance to define crimes after the fact. Furthermore, clan loyalties should be respected. Last, but not least, it's not our business. If Glasgow wants to crack down on this apparent rebellion, good for them. We might even consider to extradite people on the run. But that's really as far as I would council anyone here to go.
Back to top Go down
Thomas MacSpr

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 am

Quote :
very much disagree with the notion to charge people who went over there

Because a sign of moving forward be a terrible thing .

Quote :
It's just plain bad governance to define crimes after the fact

Pssst, between me and you *looks over his shoulder* at anytime, if someone from my county went over an' joined an' army simply because her clans vote lost against tha' majority... I'd hang her arse. A' fine at tha' least. Not only would this certain person be causing grief which could be blamed on other Ayrians, but it shows said person has no respect for 'ow democracy works. You win, you lose. You don't support tha' makin' o' two armies then join 'em simply because you're side lost.

Quote :
clan loyalties should be respected

As long as it does'nae cause any form o' hassle sure. But if it does....

Quote :
If Glasgow wants to crack down on this apparent rebellion, good for them. We might even consider to extradite people on the run. But that's really as far as I would council anyone here to go.

Because, if you're neighbor had been attacked, an' you see tha' attacker down at you're local. 'm sure you would just ignore...

I'd say extraditing tha' people involved should be tha' first option. Tha' last being us takin' up tha' case ourselves due ta' these people putting tha' county in danger of a witch hunt.

PS: Sorry if I come across too strong, I just have no real time for playing nice guy when I ain't inside a tavern Wink
Back to top Go down
Dughall

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 1:36 am

Plus, we'd look like a damn fool if we hang the buggers and Glasgow attacks us a month later just because they didn't have anything better to do. I cannot reapeat it often enough: you cannot trust them. They can launder their own dirty linnen and kill their own insurrections.
Back to top Go down
Mad

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Thomas, in regards for what's going on in Arden, there are a great deal of more things going on than what you can see from Lanark.

I wish I could enlighten you all about it, but for the time being that's a no-go.

However should you still wish to press charges against either my wife or myself then it is up to you. But before you continue on on your highhorse, then I think it might be worth remembering, what goes around, comes around; I don't not mean this as a threat to Ayrshire nor to your person, but if I help the MacT's, then they will help me in the future.

But if you truly are so afraid of Glasgow and/or the fury, perhaps you should use your 'power' as spokesperson of the CC of Ayrshire to remind everyone that Onyx and I are acting by our own free will and in no way have any relation to the CC of Ayrshire.
Back to top Go down
Onyx

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Okay, I've kept my trap shut for as long as I can.
First, without the aid of Clan MacTavish, Fury would have taken Largs and then they would have taken Ayr. We were able to defend Largs for weeks and two separate Fury seiges due to their sacrifices for me and the town of Largs. That is something I think Ayrshire would be wise to remember, even if you cannot publically come to the aid of the MacTavishes in this situation.

Second, there were direct threats made to the members of the list of DUCK by Dry. I believe they were posted somewhere and I am searching for them; when I find them I will post them.

Third, there were direct threats made to the members of Clan MacTavish by Tosher. I don't know who was supposed to carry them out, but nonetheless, the threats were made.

At what point would you form armies to defend your self or to defend a clan member who had been elected mayor and against whom there had been several revolts?

I understand Ayr wanting to stay out of the conflict in Glasgow. Too much hard work has been put into rebuilding our county. However, a clan that is normally non political has finally been pushed to their limit. Do not label us as criminals and rebels. Even with Fury ensconced in Glasgow's government, the MacTavishes have been living peacefully there. The difference is this particular Duke who is making a serious power grab and who is circumventing the duly eleceted council of Glasgow County. Okay, I'm finished for now... but really.... the MacT's are not historically a bunch of rabble rousers and I would really appreciate a little respect for them.
Back to top Go down
Remmi
Admin
Remmi

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Onyx, I posted that subject about Clans in the HH for a reason. Back your clan if you wish. You won't hear disagreement from me.

Would I do the same? That's hard to say. My clan is very different than yours, but I hope it works out for the best. McTabbys are a fine clan. I think we know that.
Back to top Go down
Tosher

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Quote :
Okay, I've kept my trap shut for as long as I can.
First, without the aid of Clan MacTavish, Fury would have taken Largs and then they would have taken Ayr. We were able to defend Largs for weeks and two separate Fury seiges due to their sacrifices for me and the town of Largs. That is something I think Ayrshire would be wise to remember, even if you cannot publically come to the aid of the MacTavishes in this situation.
Wrong, I bypassed Largs to hit the castle instead. Very Happy

Quote :
Second, there were direct threats made to the members of the list of DUCK by Dry. I believe they were posted somewhere and I am searching for them; when I find them I will post them.

Third, there were direct threats made to the members of Clan MacTavish by Tosher. I don't know who was supposed to carry them out, but nonetheless, the threats were made.
Yup there was, which has nothing to do with Ayr.
Quote :

At what point would you form armies to defend your self or to defend a clan member who had been elected mayor and against whom there had been several revolts?

I understand Ayr wanting to stay out of the conflict in Glasgow. Too much hard work has been put into rebuilding our county. However, a clan that is normally non political has finally been pushed to their limit. Do not label us as criminals and rebels. Even with Fury ensconced in Glasgow's government, the MacTavishes have been living peacefully there. The difference is this particular Duke who is making a serious power grab and who is circumventing the duly eleceted council of Glasgow County. Okay, I'm finished for now... but really.... the MacT's are not historically a bunch of rabble rousers and I would really appreciate a little respect for them.

The - Fury - list withdrew, we might get along with Bare but he isn't a member - yet. Very Happy

Dog and Onyx will be punished for their involvement, if I can't get at them then I'll look at other options for revenge. Very Happy

We would appreciate Ayr aiding us in punishing these invaders legally though and make no mistake - that IS what they are, foreign invaders from another County so someone will carry the can for them, don't let it be you please.
Back to top Go down
Seri
Admin
Seri

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:11 am

Hi Tosher. Is the can a keg? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armies in Glasgow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armies in Glasgow   Armies in Glasgow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armies in Glasgow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renaissance Kingdoms World :: Ayr Public Hall-
Jump to: