Renaissance Kingdoms World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renaissance Kingdoms World

The UK in 1458

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[ORP] Light on A Dark Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DrewChristie

DrewChristie

[ORP] Light on A Dark Day Empty
PostSubject: [ORP] Light on A Dark Day   [ORP] Light on A Dark Day Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 am

Drew walked down the dark path from the tavern to her room but had to stop. The tears in her eyes had welled up so much that she couldn't see the ground in front of her.

She stopped walking. She just began to sob and stand in the cold of the night with nothing but a blanket of fog to warm her. She wished she were still in bed with Thew but she could not sleep. Thoughts of the war and her friends on both sides haunted her.

She looked down at the ground at the soft, moist earth. She took out a handkerchief to dry her eyes. As she dabbed them she looked ahead of her. Not that far from her stood the town wall. It was dark, but in the moonlight she could see a very large spot. She stared at it. It was all blood. Wasn't it? As she realized it's origin she took a step back and put her hand to her mouth.

She felt sick and disgusted. "No" she wept, backing up slowly until her back was against the tavern wall. She found herself stifling the cry. She didn't want Thew to hear her from their room. He was sleeping soundly or so she hoped. Tomorrow would be another day of death.

"Who will die tomorrow?"

"Will it be Thew or someone else that I love? Will it be a kind man with seven children who did nothing but care for his farm and family until NNGO came to his land?"

She looked up at the moon and stared at it for a while. "Why do this Jah? You keep us safe in your hands but let us do horrible things to each other."

"And for what? Hatred? Revenge? . . . Revenge for things that happened before some of these soldiers were even born?"

She sobbed now a bit more uncontrollably, her stomach feeling sick again. She walked until she found a bench to sit on. She just stared at the moonlight hitting the top of the large stone wall. She looked at a tree growing beside it. The branches were like little paths. Each one diverging into another; beautiful and poetic. With the tears still in her eyes everything seemed to glow a little bit in the moonlight.

She gazed directly at the moon. All I wanted was to love Thew and be loved in return, to get married and live in the country side. I have longed to be out of Scotland for so long and now, She laughed a bit as she thought . . Now I can't escape. It seems I'm destined to be stuck here in Scotland.

She thought about Thew and what he would be doing tomorrow. No matter his decision she backed him one hundred percent. She dried her eyes again and made her way to their room. She quietly opened the door and tiptoed in and removed her shoes while still standing. Then she took off her coat and skirt and climbed into bed.

She rubbed hers leg up against his as she spooned him. She whispered almost silently, "I love you so much."
Back to top Go down
DrewChristie

DrewChristie

PostSubject: Re: [ORP] Light on A Dark Day   [ORP] Light on A Dark Day Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

Dawn came and went and yet she had slept through it. The sun shining in the window had finally fallen on her face. "How late is it?

She winced against the sun's beams. She blinked a few times with blurry eyes before seeing the pillow next to her. Thew was gone but in his place was a note:

[rp]My Dearest Drew,

I tried to nudge you a bit but I can't seem to wake you. It's a bit odd. Must have something to do with the condition you're in. I just had to laugh and kiss you on the forehead. The army is moving out and so am I.

You know, if you are with child it is the best news I could ever hear. I hope you'll meet up with me shortly. I can't begin to tell you how much I miss you when we're apart.

Hurry back to my arms so I won't have to miss you very long. Oh, and I love you too.

Your 'Thew[/rp]She thought she would cry but kept her composure. He had heard her whisper the night before. She smiled. You'll see him again soon. She thought about the kind things he had said. No man had ever treated her so well.

She stood up and began to pack her things. Even if she didn't have a home; she was home in his arms. She would follow him wherever he may go.
Back to top Go down
Seri
Admin
Seri

PostSubject: Re: [ORP] Light on A Dark Day   [ORP] Light on A Dark Day Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 am

Just reread this. I'm going to hold onto it for a long, long time. Very Happy

Seri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ORP] Light on A Dark Day   [ORP] Light on A Dark Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ORP] Light on A Dark Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renaissance Kingdoms World :: Main RP :: England-
Jump to: